FRAM Extra Guard®
Extra Guard® is the perfect filter for everyday drivers who perform oil changes at OE recommended intervals. Extra Guard® has cellulose and glass blended media that provides advanced engine protection for your vehicle. Engineered with a silicone anti-drain back valve, Extra Guard® meets all manufacturer’s recommended change intervals.
FRAM Extra Guard provides the perfect balance of dirt-trapping efficiency and dirt-holding capacity.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base, making sure the O-ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner’s manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to “full” on dipstick. Idle engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
1. FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A and 4967, or equivalent FRAM TG or XG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns.