FRAM EXTRA GUARD® MINERAL OIL 15W40
SAE 15W40 MULTIGRADE OIL
FRAM 15W40 is a multigrade mineral oil of the latest generation of lubricants. Due to its advanced technology of highly refined basics with state-of-the-art additives, provides optimum performance in gasoline engines.
The new technology that has been incorporated in this last generation of lubricants allows to meet and exceed the requirements of the original equipment manufacturers.
- Excellent protection against rust and corrosion.
- Low fiction coefficient, which increases the service life of the engine.
- It always keeps the engine clean due to its low formation of mud and varnish.
- Exceptional resistance to thickening.
- It facilitates a cold start due to its low viscosity at low temperatures, which decreases the wear on start-up.
- Meets the requirements of API SN (American Petroleum Institute), latest specification for engine oils as of 2011.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base, making sure the O-ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner’s manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to “full” on dipstick. Idle engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
It is recommended for all gasoline engines of last generation that require mineral oils with service level API SN and viscosity grade SAE 15W-40. It provides excellent performance in any of the current engines.